[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] What do we want in the way of Zope binary distributions?

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
16 Apr 2003 09:37:34 -0700

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 07:37, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 April 2003 3:25 pm, Chris McDonough wrote:
>
> > I'd like to propose that ZC drops the "generic" Linux binary distribution
> > in favor of an RPM distribution that would be "guaranteed" to run on
> > the latest Red Hat release or the one before it, but might also work on
> > Mandrake, etc.
>
> I may volunteer for updating the gentoo ebuild.... Anyone else using gentoo
> linux here?

I am... putting some effort toward keeping the Zope ebuild current would
be really helpful.  Last time I checked, it's only current to 2.6.0.

Don't know much about making ebuilds, but I've been meaning to get good
at it for a few months now... this would be as good a reason as any.
I'm willing to help, but probably not the best person to lead.

Dylan