[Zope-dev] please publish new edition of Zope Book often

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
20 Apr 2003 18:34:19 -0400

On Sun, 2003-04-20 at 18:28, Paul Winkler wrote:
> one thing that i noticed while co-editing the "Advanced Scripting"
> chapter: Somebody needs to go through and be sure all the cross-references
> are correct. Many chapter numbers have changed since the 2.5 edition, what
> with all the new chapters.
> I'm not sure if Chris has done this yet. Chris?

Yes, I believe I have fixed up all the x-ref problems...

> The other glaring problem is that nobody has tackled the API Reference
> section, to address all the reader comments from the 2.5 edition.
> In a sane world, the API reference would be auto-generated from the
> docstrings in the Zope help code, but this does not seem to be the case.

Yes, this should be done.  It's a large task.  I am considering calling
it good enough and putting out a "Zope Book 2.6 Edition 1.0" without the
API ref changes, however.

- C