[Zope-dev] RE: Curious Problem

stuffduff stuffduff@cox.net
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:57:59 -0500

I've spent most of the day recreating the setup from scratch, just to rule
out a python problem.

I built python 2.1.3 from source, then used that python (renamed
python2.1.3) to build zope from src.

I can still run from the command line, but not from zope; same error as
before.

One thing I tried was to move the class definition inside the function
definition
(how could zope miss it? ;) ) but still no joy.

I just don't understand why zope even needs to see the class.

The function reads a record from an rdbms, unpickles and uses a few object
properties to build a string.  Something in zope itself seems to be
preventing this.

Any other thoughts?