[Zope-dev] Meaning of sequence-index-{variable}

Luciano Ramalho luciano@hiper.com.br
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:33:31 -0300

I'm writing a Zope Quick Reference covering DTML and ZPT, and I am
stuck trying to figure out the meaning and use of this variable, one of
the many available inside a dtml-in loop.

All editions of the Zope Book (and every other Zope book I know about)
pretty much say the same thing:

sequence-index-{variable}: The index of a variable of the current item.

You are supposed to replace {variable} with some attribute of your
current item. I've tried that with no success (although I've managed to
test every other documented sequence-* variable).

You can check the official docs here (but they haven't helped me):

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/
AppendixA.stx

Reading the source seemed non-trivial in this case, so I decided to ask
after a while (the only relevant module in Zope 2.6.1 seems to be
DocumentTemplate/DT_InSV.py).

TIA for any help!

--
Luciano