[Zope-dev] UndoSearch Timeout

Brian Brinegar brinegar at pier.ecn.purdue.edu
Wed Aug 6 17:05:38 EDT 2003

Hello,

We have a ZODB which is about 12 - 14 gigs when packed. We use
FileStorage, and when anyone clicks Undo eventually times out. This is
better now that the undoLog does not lock the database.

However if there are not enough transactions to fill the batch Undo is
useless. So, everytime we upgrade to a new version of Zope I patch
FileStorage.py to add a timeout. Used to be 3 seconds when the ZODB
locked, now I've bumped it up to 10 seconds.

Has anyone else had this problem? Would adding the timeout, possibly set
by an environment variable, be considered by the maintainers?

Thanks,
Brian Brinegar
Engineering Computer Network (ECN)
Purdue University