[Zope-dev] Very severe memory leak

Stefan H. Holek stefan at epy.co.at
Wed Aug 27 12:06:57 EDT 2003

--On Dienstag, 26. August 2003 20:02 -0300 Leonardo Rochael Almeida
<leo at hiper.com.br> wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 12:05, Stefan H. Holek wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Did you rebuild the catalog (-indexes) after the upgrade? New Zope
>> versions  usually come with important BTree fixes ;-).
>
> If by rebuilding you mean clicking on the "Update" button, then yes, as
> part of changing the DateTime FieldIndexes to DateIndexes. If you meant
> something else, then no.

This should take care of it.

>> Wild guess, but do you by any chance run exUserFolder?
>
> As a matter of fact, I do. Is there a known leak problem with
> exUserFolder?

If by "known" you mean I can point you to the code segment causing it, then
no. However, I have cured several leaky sites in the past by moving away
from XUF and your excessive DateTime refcounts rang a bell.

Do you have the possibility to test the site without XUF? At least make
sure you have the latest version. Do you have a large number of users?

You could try to put ZSP_OWNEROUS_SKIP=1 in you start script, and see
whether it makes a difference. If it did, it would indicate a problem
related to the user folder and not the catalog per se.

Disclaimer: This is guesswork based on events a long time ago. Current
versions of XUF may very well work fine.

Stefan

--
The time has come to start talking about whether the emperor is as well
dressed as we are supposed to think he is.               /Pete McBreen/