[Zope-dev] Zope 2.7 running with Stackless 3.0

Shane Hathaway shane at zope.com
Thu Aug 28 09:13:27 EDT 2003

On 08/27/2003 07:55 PM, Christian Tismer wrote:
> just by chance, I got into the position to try out
> Zope 2.7.0 beta 1/2, and since it needs Python 2.2.3
> at least, and Stackless 3.0 was just ported to that, I tried
> to build Zope with Stackless 3.0.
>
> It works very very well! After a few patches to get the includes
> right, here the installation instructions.

I am in awe.  Cool. :-)

However, I am also a little confused.  As I understand it, Stackless
needs all C code to be non-reentrant, i.e. C code must never call back
into Python.  But Zope has a lot of reentrant code, especially in
Acquisition and ZODB.  Doesn't that prevent Zope from taking advantage
of Stackless continuations?

Shane