[Zope-dev] Help!!

Chris McDonough chrism at zope.com
Thu Aug 28 19:40:30 EDT 2003

This is a wild guess.

A common problem on UNIX is to run Zope initially as the root user.  In
that situation, even if you declare an "effective user" via the -u
switch, the log files and pid files  are written as the root user.  It
will run fine.

Then later on, someone stops the process.  You attempt to start the
process as the "effective user".  Because the initial log and pid files
were written as the root user, the process cannot open them for writing
and Zope will not start.

As I said, a wild guess, but might be your problem here (especially as
you don't seem to see anything useful in your log files).

- C

--
Chris McDonough <chrism at zope.com>
Zope Corporation