[Zope-dev] Cache growing during single REQUEST

Chris Withers chrisw at nipltd.com
Fri Aug 29 11:28:20 EDT 2003

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> as a lower bound.  (Note that the cache is still allowed to grow
> indefinitely within the scope of a request, however.)

Which is still pretty broken IMHO :-(

This is the single biggest cause of Zope becoming unresponsive for me:
people doing silly things that drag hordes of objects into memory i na single
request, made worse by the fact that Python is extraordinarily bad at giving
memory back to the OS after that request has been completed ;-)

cheers,

Chris