[Zope-dev] Zope 2.7.0 b3 regressions

Stefan H. Holek stefan at epy.co.at
Wed Dec 3 09:25:13 EST 2003

Yuppie!

No, no and 3 times no! The fix was done by Evan and is CORRECT.
absolute_url () does not (and should not!) know anything about CMF or
portals or whatever else!

It MUST however return correct results in all possible VH situations and
this is what the fix addresses.

Please forget about my attempt to correct the situation by adding a new
method - that was nonsense.

The real problem is - and this is stated in the original report - that
absolute_url(1) did return WRONG RESULTS when inside-out vhosting was in
use. This has bitten me on several occasions when customers deployed their
sites with the CMF portal NOT living in the root of the vhost (as opposed
to the root of Zope) and SERIOUS breakage occurred all over their sites.

If you need anything CMF specific use the portal_url tool. I do not see why
a basic infrastructure method like absolute_url() should know anything
about portals at all.

So -100 for unfixing things you don't seem to properly understand.

Stefan

--
The time has come to start talking about whether the emperor is as well
dressed as we are supposed to think he is.               /Pete McBreen/