[Zope-dev] DateTime stftime and TAI based timezone is broken or is it?

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Wed Dec 3 10:49:49 EST 2003

On 2 Dec 2003 at 13:39, Jamie Heilman wrote:

> > DateTime('2003/12/01')
> > 'Sun Nov. 30'
> > 'Sun Nov 30 23:59:38'
>
> Lovely.  Its always bugged me that DateTime carried all its own zone
> information, but I guess even the datetime python modules punt in this
> regard.  What I'm currious to know is how this caused problems for
> you, or your clients.  I'd like to avoid those problems myself if I
> can help it.

My legacy site has a lot of <dtml-var somedatetimeobject fmt="%a %b %d">

this writes out the wrong day, because somedatetimeobject is just like you show above.

Also, I get different results instantiating a DateTime object with a string, vs. parts
DateTime(y,m,d,h,m,s) vs. DateTime('YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS')

Why can't Zope just dynamically load the tzfile data as appropriate from the system if it
can?

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
http://www.wecanstopspam.org/                   AOL-IM: BKClements