[Zope-dev] Zope 2.7.0 b3 regressions

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Wed Dec 3 10:23:35 EST 2003

From: "Stefan H. Holek" <stefan at epy.co.at>
> It MUST however return correct results in all possible VH situations and
> this is what the fix addresses.

Well, the problem is determining what the heck is "correct". :-)

Which is why you need a whole bunch of methods. absolute_url seems confused
on which of those it is, and the whole idea that you call a method called
absolute_url with a parameter called relative is just beyond bizarre. :-)

> Please forget about my attempt to correct the situation by adding a new
> method - that was nonsense.

No. That's the right solution. And not one, but a whole bunch. :-)
But I don't mind "fixing" absolute_url too. I just think it's not properly
defined what it should return, and hence it should be deprecated and
replaced with something else, that doesn't have this problem.