[Zope-dev] It's me again :(

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at awkly.org
Wed Dec 17 07:46:39 EST 2003

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 12:34:38AM -0500, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
| Does the last report mean your problem is fixed?  Or do you still need
| help tracking something down?

It's fixed, though I would like to discuss it a bit more. It *seems*
to me that the Zope HEAD is being more picky about storing acquisition
wrappers, which on one side is a good thing. OTOH, it was relatively
hard to track it down, meaning several visits to gdb. The fact that
the parameter is called 'Wrapper' at 'Wrappers_are_not_picklable'
makes it even harder, because is practically impossible to cast the
object to a Wrapper.

So, I would like to propose two changes:

1. Rename the 'Wrapper' parameter to 'wrapper' in that function
2. Include 'Wrapper->container' and 'Wrapper->obj' in the traceback,
   in order to make it easier for people to find out where is the
   problem when it happens. (note that the 'Wrapper' parameter is not
   even being used currently)

Thoughts?

--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true

"Don't fear the pen. When in doubt, draw a pretty picture."
   --Baker's Third Law of Design.