[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] ZConfig: Section type datatype inheritance

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Dec 29 12:48:59 EST 2003

At 12:04 PM 12/29/03 -0500, Barry Warsaw wrote:

>This is how I'm using extended section types in my code currently.  The
>proposed change won't affect me because I explicitly specify the data
>types in derived section types.  It seems to me unlikely that you'd have
>a base section type with a non-default data type, with derived section
>types that rely on the default data type.

Yes, it would only be useful if you could also override existing attribute
or key definitions in the derived section type.  Adding new attributes, but
leaving the section's datatype alone wouldn't make much sense.

>+0

Agreed, unless there's also a way to override/replace existing attributes,
as opposed to merely adding new ones.