[Zope-dev] Zope Server Control

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Sun, 09 Feb 2003 15:29:45 +0100

Andy McKay wrote:
> 3. I've found at least two companies that run many, many zope servers on
> remote boxes all over the place and would like one ui to see the status
> of them all, I'm trying to see if i can get some $ out of them for the
> development :)

If it's about monitoring, let me just mention nagios, to be found at
http://www.nagios.org/

It's a very very nice monitoring app which I use for monitoring states
of several servers. It can use "external" (command line) apps for
monitoring. Maybe it would be of some use to develop an the app so that
the clients for getting the status for zope servers could also be used
as "plugins" for nagios. Encapsulating the classes used for getting the
data from a zope server into a module would suffice, then one could
write simple monitoring apps as described here:
http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html

cheers,
oliver