[Zope-dev] Multiple author and reviewer roles in Zope CMF

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
12 Feb 2003 15:20:39 -0200

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 13:27, David Cain wrote:
> I would like to apply Zope CMF to our organization which is made up of
> numerous departments.  Each department has one or more managers
> (reviewers) and content providers.  Also, some managers cross
> departments, as well as content providers.
>
> How can I create several Zope CMF roles (reviewer and author) for each
> department so that reviewers for that department will only see content
> created by authors in that department?

Don't.

Create only one role for Reviewer, another for Author and so on. In your
user folder, don't give any of these roles to your users. Go to the
Security tab of the folder where you want to grant, say, user Fred, role
Reviewer, click on "local roles", and make such a change.

Local Roles rule and should have more visible placement in the Security
tab...

Hmm, maybe I should file that as a Feature Request bug.

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.