[Zope-dev] zope connector

Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:14:17 -0800

Use ZEO and DBTab and a shared mounted object database that both Zope
instances have access to.  Put any objects that need to be accessed by both
Zope servers in that common storage mounted at some folder-level in your
zope setup.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Tena Sakai [mailto:tena.sakai.b@bayer.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 1:56 PM
To: zope-dev@zope.org
Subject: [Zope-dev] zope connector

Folks,

I am interested in accessing resorcces from two or more
zope servers.  For example,

   hahaha!

   <dtml-var name=funny>

   hohoho!

The code snippet above will, when rendered, yield:

   hahaha!
   hehehe!
   hohoho!

provided that the entity funny ultamately returns hehehe! and
accessible within the name space.

But how could I do this if the object funny is on a different zope
server?  Ie., how can I connect two name spaces on different
zope servers in some not-so-caotic fasion?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tena Sakai