[Zope-dev] Re: [ZODB-Dev] Zope 2.5.1 with ZEO 2.0.2 (fwd)

Brian R Brinegar brinegar@ecn.purdue.edu
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 23:30:01 -0500 (EST)

Okay,

I went back and did some more intrusive poking. First I raised an
exception in ZServer/PubCore/ZRendevous.py before it creates a thread.
That works (I get an internal server error and it's logged). Next I moved
the exception to the constructor for ZServerPublisher (called on the next
line) and I get nothing! it hangs. If I do this on a Zope 2.5.1 with ZEO
1.0 I will get an error sent to the browser.

Next I changed the contstructor for ZServerPublisher to append to a file
in /tmp/ this worked on the ZEO 1.0 but did not work on ZEO 2.0.2 setup.
It seems that the threads are there but that they are not running.

It is creating the threads, as I can see 7 python processes after I make a
request.

It's like thread.start_new_thread is creating the thread, but never
calling ZServerPublisher. Any idea what would cause that?

We're using python 2.1.3 source from python.org. Built like this (I think
Andy or Chris correct me if I'm wrong)

configure --with-gcc
make
make install

Thanks for taking the time to help us out,
-Brian Brinegar
 ECN Web System Developer
 Purdue University
 West Lafayette, IN