[Zope-dev] Re: RDF Musings and TinyTables

Paul Everitt paul@eurozope.org
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:51:31 +0100

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> On 02/20/2003 09:06 PM, Tim Hoffman wrote:
>
>> In case your not aware Chandler OSAfoundation is basing their new PIM
>> on RDF/ZODB/Python etc...
>>
>> if you haven't already it might be worth having a look at how they see
>> RDF fitting into the picture.
>>
>> http://www.osafoundation.org/Chandler_rel._0.1.htm
>

> Wow, that's exactly what I was looking for.  I guess I'll find out more
> when they open up their CVS.  I hope it's soon.  If they've had any
> difficulty persisting ZODB objects to RDF, I bet I could help them.

Some points on this:

1) The Chandler folks had a lot of discussion on zodb-dev.

2) There is already a ZODB-backed storage for rdflib:

   http://rdflib.net/

3) Andrew Kuchling has done quite a bit to integrate zodb, rdflib, and
python:

   http://www.amk.ca/talks/semweb-intro/
   (can't find the other links, but it's in the rdflib archives)

4) The next OSCOM conference, in Harvard this summer, will focus on the
intersection between content management and semantic web.

--Paul