[Zope-dev] AIX

Wolfgang Roesner wolfgangtex@netscape.net
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:59:28 -0500

Clemens Robbenhaar <robbenhaar@espresto.com> wrote:

Hi Clemens,

 thanks a lot! Good to know that there is constructive feedback too ;-)

>Hi Wolfgang,
>There have been some reports about problems with Zope and BSD, which
>are actually caused by some operating system stack overflow or
>such. Maybe a similar problem applies here, too?
>
>not very helpful, just a few thoughts.
>clemens

This was EXTREMELY helpful as it led me to problem. The default stack size
for a pthread on AIX (at least in my configuration) is 96kB. On Solaris it's
1M. As soon as I explicitly set the initial stack size to 1M the problem
went away and it appears as if Zope is up and running.

Unfortunately I really had to change "thread_pthread.h" in Python which
obviously is not a nice thing to do as I now have a need for my own private
version of Python. But at least I have a running version of Zope on AIX.

Thanks,
Wolfgang