[Zope-dev] Creating a fully stand-alone Zope Page Templates

Kevin Smith Kevin.Smith@themorgue.org
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 23:28:59 -0500

I have been using that, and it is very nice, but it doesn't include
METAL.  I'm hoping that the author of that package implements METAL, so
I can use his package.  But if that doesn't work out, I need something
to fall back on.

On Monday, February 24, 2003, at 11:25  PM, Barry Pederson wrote:

> Kevin Smith wrote:
>> I am trying to make a stand-alone Page Templates packages that
>> doesn't have any Zope dependencies.  I was able to short circuit
>> security and acquisition.  I re-implemented MultiMapping in plain
>> Python and made the Base class just an empty class.
>> This is passing most of the regression tests, but there is one big
>> issue left.  When a page template invokes something that is a
>> function, it prints the equivalent of 'repr(function)' instead of
>> 'function()'.  What magic that goes on within Zope am I missing in my
>> wrapper?
>
> This doesn't answer the above question, and may not be suitable for
> Kevin's needs, but I thought I'd mention there's a pretty nice
> Zope-independent page template implementation at:
>
>     http://www.owlfish.com/software/simpleTAL/
>
> in case others have an interest in that sort of thing, and pretty
> amazingly - it does it with just two module files, so it's a piece of
> cake to use.
>
> 	Barry

Kevin Smith
Kevin.Smith@sas.com