[Zope-dev] support for low level HTTP Response logging?

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:22:20 -0800

Are you mainly concerned about the http headers in the response, or the
response body?  If it is just the headers, Squid's log_mime_hdrs feature
will log all HTTP headers from both the request and response for you for
each request.  If nothing else, perhaps it's a start...

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Romain Slootmaekers [mailto:romain@zzict.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 2:25 AM
To: zope-dev@zope.org
Subject: [Zope-dev] support for low level HTTP Response logging?

Yo,

searching the zope site and googling yielded too many data and no info,
so I might as well ask it here.

We are very interested in finding out the exact HTTP Responses that the
zope server pushes towards the client.

So is there a low level hook for logging the http responses ?
We want the exact response, complete with all header info etc.

Why not just sniff, you might ask? Well, we are developing a web
application for mobile microbrowsers, and most these clients have no
hooks for attaching a sniffer client side. Installing a sniffer server
side is not possible for other reasons.

TIA,

Sloot.