[Zope-dev] Following the Zope Collector

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
26 Feb 2003 18:47:42 +0100

Hi,

Currently the Zope collector is in "dispatcher On" mode, whereas the CMF
and Zope3 collectors have "dispatcher Off".

The difference, for those not familiar with Collector configuration, is
that with dipatcher On only the few collector managers are notified by
email of new issues in the collector (and are theoretically responsible
for assigning them to Supporters), whereas in Off mode all the
supporters receive the notification.

As a supporter, I find that receiving a notification for each new issue
is invaluable in tracking what the current problems are, and in having
good response time on "easy" bugs. This works very well for the CMF
collector, and I'm sure the Zope3 folks wouldn't want it any other way
either.

But currently I've no idea what's happening to the Zope collector unless
I browse every entry on a regular basis to see what may have changed,
which is very time consuming and impractical considering the number of
entries.

So I'd like to propose to switch the Zope collector to "dispatcher Off".
This would mean more email traffic for the supporters, but it's easy
enough to filter and I think the benefits are worth it.

Florent