[Zope-dev] zope and python compatibility

Sun, 12 Jan 2003 19:44:28 +0000

On Saturday 11 January 2003 4:06 pm, Jamie Heilman wrote:
> Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > > Without python 2.2 zope will continue to harbor remotely exploitabl=
> > > zlib-based memory exhaustion attacks. FWIW

There are workarounds that work in 2.1.x, and I dont think any uses in Zo=
pe=20
are performance-critical. I will be happy to push through any patches for=
 any=20
other Zopes uses.

> > Can you explain?  Where does Zope even use zlib?
>
> dtml-tree for one,

That is the least of your worries for dtml-tree. Please try the patch at:
http://www.zope.org/Members/htrd/tree.diff

This has a chance for 2.6.2 if I get enough positive feedback from people=
 who=20
actually use dtml-tree. (and a sufficently paranoid review would be nice=20
too.)

--=20
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson