[Zope-dev] zope and python compatibility

Sun, 12 Jan 2003 21:00:09 +0000

On Sunday 12 January 2003 8:16 pm, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > There are workarounds that work in 2.1.x, and I dont think any uses i=
> > Zope are performance-critical. I will be happy to push through any
> > patches for any other Zopes uses.
>
> I expect I'll be releasing Python 2.1.4 in the next month or so.  Can
> you submit a patch and assign it to me?

The fix in python 2.2 is in rev 2.44 of zlibmodule.c.  It involves an API=
=20
addition to the zlib module, which I understand is discouraged for a Pyth=
on=20
bug fix release?

I think the workarounds in Zope are a better solution for Zope 2.6.x. We =
can=20
gradually migrate these to the new zlib API once Zope has other dependenc=
ies=20
on Python 2.2

--=20
Toby Dickenson