[Zope-dev] Can I run 2 zope servers on one machine?

Jeff Rush jrush@taupro.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:43:10 -0600

Yes, I do it all the time, as a Zope-hosting ISP.

1. You can forgo FTP (-f -) and just run HTTP, on different
    ports.

2. You can use the -f option to Z2.py and run FTP on a
    different IP address or port.

3. You can run HTTP only via some flavor of CGI, and then
    use Apache to map portions of the URL space to different
    servers, Zope or non-Zope.  This retains a single-webspace
    appearance to outside clients.

4. You can also do (3) using the proxy features of Apache.

The weak spot is always FTP, which doesn't support virtual
hosting or URL/filesystem space splicing, whereas Apache does
do both.

-Jeff