[Zope-dev] Zope reference counts

Ivo van der Wijk ivo@amaze.nl
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:01:47 +0100

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 12:14:27PM +0000, seb bacon wrote:
> Toby Dickenson wrote:

> >> Is there a
> >>way to optimize this?
> >

> > 1. Obviously, use fewer threads. Do you have a component that otherwise
> > benefits from many threads?
>
> Also note that it is almost always a better use of memory to increase
> the cache size than the number of threads (this is the size of each
> cache, not the total cache size).
>
> Are you aware of the "activity" and "cache parameters" tab in the
> "database management" part of the control panel?
>
> If not, you may not be using a 2.6x Zope - there are some significant
> improvements in cache usage (especially under load) in these versions.

I'm working on a 2.3.x instance which I have already upgraded to 2.4.4.

It soudns asif a further upgrde is reasonable. Also, the 'activity' tab
is new to me (looks interesting ;), and caching settins seem to be ignored
mostly until 2.6, right?

Cheers

	Ivo

--
Drs. I.R. van der Wijk                                      -=-
Brouwersgracht 132                             Amaze Internet Services V.O.F.