[Zope-dev] Newbie security development question

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:00:09 +0000

David Cain wrote:
> Running Zope 2.6.0 (binary release, python 2.1, linux2-x86
>
> I would like to import the ClassSecurityInfo class from a Python script

Why? it would be intrinsicaly unsafe to do so, given that ClassSecurityInfo
instances are how you manipulate security assertions in python.

> Ultimately I want to change the default permission on an uploaded file
> to not be viewable by anonymous, until a manager approves this and sets
> it viewable.

You looked at CMF? You get all this for free...

Otherwise, read Leo's post :-)

cheers,

Chris