[Zope-dev] Registering Product with Control Panel

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 00:16:52 +0100

Brian R Brinegar wrote at 2003-1-21 18:48 -0500:
 > I've got a product (Basic content object) Called HTMLBlock. When I start
 > my ZEO Client with the product installed I don't recieve any error
 > messages. The product is listed in the "Select type to add..." menu.
 > However if I try to add an instance of the Product I recieve an
 > AttributeError on HTMLBlock. After a little poking around I realized that
 > the product is not listed in the /Control_Panel/Products/ list. The
 > traceback I get when trying to add an instance is below.
You should have one (!) ZEO client (ZOPE instance) which defines
the environment variable "FORCE_PRODUCT_LOAD".

This ZEO client will then build the products list for all of
your ZEO clients (when it is restarted).

Read the ZEO documentation, to find out more...

Dieter