[Zope-dev] pdb list command

Joel Burton joel@joelburton.com
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:05:28 -0400

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 12:41:47AM -0400, Rodman, Gerry wrote:
> When debugging a script using pdb the (l)ist  command which is supposed
> to show me the lines surrounding the current execution point does not
> work....it just shows me the EOF message without any lines.

zope-dev is really for discussions about the development of Zope as a
product, not question about using Zope or developing in Zope, btw.

Your problem is caused by the restricted environment in which Zope
executes PythonScripts. I solve this problem by just using Boa
Constructor, a Python IDE that has debugging support for PythonScripts
built in. Not sure if there's a fix that would let you use stock,
text-based pdb.

 - j.

--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant