[Zope-dev] Re: Can't fathom 'method-populated' selection lists in Zclasses

Bob Marshall Bob Marshall"<bob.marshall@fallingblossoms.com
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 06:03:56 -0000

Thanks greatly for the insight! Ironically, the main reason I was doing
things this way was to get the constructor form and the Zinstances to *both
work* and 'sing from the same method'. It was indeed the constructor form
not working that was puzzling me. Oh well, back to the drawing board...

Just in case anyone has cracked the undelying issue: what I'd really like is
some way to have both the ZClass constructor form and its ZInstances to use
the same mechanism (encapsulated within the ZClass) for 'sourcing' selection
list data. Just tell me it isn't possible and I'll move on...

Dieter Maurer <dieter@handshake.de> said:

> Bob Marshall wrote at 2003-7-18 09:04 -0000:
>  > ...
>  >   All the documentation I've read says that the 'selection' type for a
>  > property of a ZClass property sheet can be a variable *or a method*.
Fine.
>  > This works as advertised, except where the method is a method *defined
>  > within the Zclass* (e.g. as MyZClass.propertysheets.methods.myMethod ).
Is