[Zope-dev] Re: segfaults in cPersistence under 2.6

Sat, 26 Jul 2003 15:24:35 +1000

>>> "Tim Peters" wrote
> Jeremy and I saw cases of ring corruption while putting together the
> experimental ZODB 3.3, but they were 100% reproducible on all platforms, and
> turned out to have clear causes (some of the C objects we backported from
> ZODB4 were getting ghostified by the ZODB4 code without removing themselves
> from the ZODB3 ring).  So "ring corruption" rang a bell for me, but not one
> that makes any sense in your context.
>
> Keep your eyes open, Anthony!  If it happens again, I want to know.

One thing that might be worthwhile is to move the MUCH_RING_CHECKING code
from cPickleCache.c into a common file, and use it in cPersistence.c as
well as cPickleCache.c. The latter wasn't seeing the corruption at all,
while the former was.

If this seems like a good idea I'm happy to make the change.

Anthony