[Zope-dev] Re: CVS: Zope/lib/python/TAL - TALGenerator.py:1.65

Chris McDonough chris.mcdonough@cox.net
26 Jul 2003 08:57:17 -0400

On Sat, 2003-07-26 at 04:21, Yuppie wrote:
> CMFCore has no skins. CMFDefault is the only product in
> cvs.zope.org:/cvs-repository/CMF using i18n.
>
> CMFDefault has just one template using this pattern:
> index_html_utils.html uses i18n:attributes="alt title"

Sorry for overstating the problem.

> So it would not be much work to change CMF.

Can it be changed in such a way that it works under 2.6.2, 2.7, and HEAD
without the fix?  It'd be a shame to require that people upgrade to a
new version of CMF and/or Zope for one skin.

> I'm not talking about third party products building on top of CMF. Plone
> was already discussed, I don't know what's the case with other products.
>

> What about backporting the i18n fix to Zope 2.6.2 ?
>
> Using CMF / Plone with i18n support requires Zope 2.6.0 anyway. Maybe we
> could force people updating CMF / Plone also to update Zope to 2.6.2.
>
> This way CMF / Plone could switch to the new spec.

I don't like breaking b/w compatibility this way, but honestly I don't
really understand the issue about why this change was made in the first
place, so perhaps I should go read up on that.

- C