[Zope-dev] Re: TALES idea: tuple unpacking

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:36:17 +0200

> If DTML used TALES expressions, it would be just as clean as ZPT.

With the one caveat that ZPTs are valid XHTML, while DTML methods needn't
balance tags and needn't mark empty tags as such (i.e. "<dtml-var x>",
instead of "<dtml-var x />"). DTML tags can straddle HTML tags in
completely non-XML ways: "<dtml-in items></td></dtml-in>"; limiting the
tools that may work with DTML..

The "MTOWTDI" pseudo-entity &dtml-dict.key; alternate syntax might also
count against cleanliness.

That said, I agree that using TALES would be a big win. We try to use it
wherever we can! (Not only in ZPTs :)