[Zope-dev] Memory Error

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:18:50 -0300

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 08:47:57AM -0700, Andy McKay wrote:
| If you've visited ZopeZen you might have noticed this lovely error that
| seems to occur intermittently..
|
| [snip rest of traceback]
|     * Module Products.CMFCore.CatalogTool, line 214, in searchResults
|     * Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 619, in searchResults
|     * Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 732, in searchResults
|     * Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 480, in search
|     * Module Products.PluginIndexes.common.UnIndex, line 365, in
| _apply_index
|     * Module ZODB.Connection, line 534, in setstate
|
| MemoryError: (Also, an error occurred while attempting to render the
| standard error message.)

Just for the records, we were getting some MemoryError's on NZO, which
were track down to some weird repr() handling on ZEO/ZODB code. There
were also some fixes on memory leaks (an exception on a tal:repeat
would leak some objects, plus there was one small leak on plone's
portal_form) but none seem to be entirely related to your
problem. However it could be a side effect of a memory leak. I
would recommend getting ZODB from the new ZODB-3_2-branch, and plone
from the Plone-1_0 branch. And if youre not afraid of running from
CVS, get Zope from the 2_6-branch ;)

[]'s
--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>