[Zope-dev] Hi, new to zope

Ramon Linan rlinan@truality.com
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:33:18 -0400

Hi everybody,

I am new to Zope (and a little experienced with Python).

I have been trying to install already for 3 weeks the ZMySQLA... at this =
point I am very frustrated.
I am getting the error ImportError: no module named _mysql !!!

my system has

Redhat 7.3
zope 2.6.1
python 2.1.3 is the python version Zope is running
Mysql 3.22.32
mysql-python 0.9.2
ZMySQLA -2.0.8
I have all the -devel package installed (Mysql-devel, etc)

I have installed this database connector and worked with before, but it =
was using windows, I didn't find any problem installing it.

Now I want to get serious with Zope and therefore I am using Linux, can =
anyone help me on this task?

Does anyone know what am I doing wrong?

I would also appreciate if somebody could give me an up to date list of =
things to have and to do on installing that zope object

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaansk

Rezuma