[Zope-dev] funky side-effects, possible bug in HTTPRequest.py

Jamie Heilman jamie@audible.transient.net
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:32:01 -0700

Oliver Bleutgen wrote:
> Jamie Heilman wrote:
> >[major snippage]
>
> Hmmm, that means that this changes break exactly these applications,
> which, in order to be on the secure side, explicitly use
> REQUEST.form['bla'] more than once in a request, right.

Naw, it doesn't break them, promotion doesn't mean the vars are
actually moved from the form dictionary to the other dictionary, only
copied.  What it does is humble the poor shmuck who thought he knew
the dangers of REQUEST.get well enough to use it without shooting
himself in the foot.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"You came all this way, without saying squat, and now you're trying