[Zope-dev] Declaring Dependencies for XML documents (Was: How To Improve Cache Coherency for RAM/Disk Cache Manager...?)

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Tue, 04 Mar 2003 10:59:03 -0800

> Anyway, after talking this over with my colleague, I realize that
> the problem of *deriving* dependencies is fundamentally undecidable.
> We might be able to figure it out in the case of simple acquisition,
> like
> But it is hopeless for pure python:

> tal:replace="python:I-can-do-anything-and-you-cant-stop-me(REQUEST)"/>
> :)

Well you could, in theory, hook every object as CallProfiler does and
then you would know for each request what object was called and Cache
it. You could even do something really clever like using CallProfiler
automatically cache objects that took longer than a certain amount of
time...

But there are more issues with that than there are days in a year and
you could be writing that code forever, letting the user figure it out
manually is an easier choice.

Cheers.
--
   Andy McKay