[Zope-dev] Authenticating with acl_users (fwd)

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Sun, 09 Mar 2003 09:38:34 -0800

Sondre Rønjom wrote:
> I'm creating a python product - which needs to be authenticated; and I
> dont want to use any products that does not come with a clean Zope install
> - so I user Simple User Folder and define two roles admin user and
> ordinary user. I just want a user to login via login form, check username
> and password with the acl_users user list and set the user to
> AUTHENTICATED_USER if username and password is correct. Actually I just
> want to access the methods which the pop-up authenticator use when one
> does /manage.  To me it looks like validate() from AccessControl/User.py does this for you, but Im not
> sure how to use the method.

Zope by default comes with Basic Auth. If you want to do cookie / form
based logins either:

a) use the Cookie Crumbler product

b) take the Cookie Crumbler code, pull it apart and put it in your
product so you can have your "clean" install.
--
   Andy McKay