[Zope-dev] Proposed installation changes for review

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 23:15:54 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guido van Rossum" <guido@python.org>

> > > Oops, I stand corrected.  But Zope 2.7 does include ZEO!
> >
> > Very good!  But in that case, shouldn't the new Zope 2.7 install and
> > startup stuff support it?
>
> Well, in a typical installation, you won't be running ZEO on the same
> machine as Zope, right?

hm... I wonder if this wold be a common case if ZEO was included as a
integral part of Zope. I may be wrong, bur aren't there benefits of running
ZEO even on a single machine (i.e. stability and/or redundancy)?

I know I allready now could need the functionality of ZEO on a single
machine
(and I am about to use ZEO as soon as I fix some non-ZEO-able issues in our
app).

> ZEO has its own install and config stuff,
> which is very similar to that for Zope, but ZEO is not installed as
> part of the main Zope install.

I thought you had to install ZEO on top/inside of an existing Zope
installation. Will this be different in Zope 2.7?

Thanks,

/dario