[Zope-dev] install complains about 'invalid' Python files

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:08:07 +0100

THerp@apriori.de wrote:
> When I run the Zope install script on a freshly installed Zope, and my
> Product is already there, it complains that the *.py scripts (aimed for
> import) would be invalid, because there are return-, but no def statements.
> Thus, installation fails; I must first remove my product.

This may be completely daft, but my first reaction is that files with
Zope python scripts maybe should have separate file extentions, since
they aren't valid python files. .pys, maybe?