[Zope-dev] Conflict reduced BTrees for cataloging

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:55:35 -0500

Although I'm not an expert on _p_independent, AFAIK, it can only be used =
for=20
objects which are not in any way dependant on the state of other persiste=
nt=20
objects.

This is certainly not the case for BTrees, which is pretty much covers th=
e=20
"data structures used for cataloguing and indexing".

I would definitely recommend discussing this on zodb-dev before going for=
ward=20
with this. The current BTree intelligensia are over there.

-Casey