[Zope-dev] Merging the new-install-branch

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:21:48 -0500

I'm planning to merge the new-install-branch efforts recently
discussed on this list into the Zope 2 trunk tomorrow.  There will be
things to do after the merge, but the basic functionality will be more
easily testable and easier to contribute to.

There's a bit more testing to be done before the merge can occur; I'll
be doing that tonight and tomorrow morning.

I'll send a note to the zope-coders list before I actually start the
merge.  For a description of the changes (and the ensuing discussion),
refer to this thread:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2003-March/018999.html

Perhaps the most immediate change is that the Windows tests may become
completely wedged, since we've not had time to do any testing on
Windows yet.  If anyone has time to do so (and a suitable platform),
please don't hesitate to send bug reports before the merge!  Checkout
instructions are included in the message referenced above.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation