[Zope-dev] New installer branch

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred@zope.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 18:19:13 -0500

Fred L. Drake, Jr. writes:
 > I think I see the problem; will see what I can do about this one.

I've committed a fix for this, but it does differ slightly from the
Zope 2.6 approach.  I think the new way matches the rest of the new
configuration philosophy much more effectively.

Instead of simply checking for INSTANCE_HOME/Products, the directories
used to define the Products package are listed in the configuration
file (the standard Products are included regardless).  The
INSTANCE_HOME/Products directory is included in the default
configuration file; it can actually be removed if desired.  The
configuration file can completely control the order in which the
directories are searched.

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with this approach.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation