[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.7: OrderSupport for ObjectManager

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Tue, 06 May 2003 20:53:43 +0200

Chris McDonough wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 11:56, Yuppie wrote:
>
>>I've also never had a need to do this, but I respect the fact that Maik
>>has ;)
>

> Maik, do you still think this is a good idea?

Hi Chris,

my personal use-case for this feature is the typical
"Through-The-Web"-developer:

She creates lots of DTML, ZPT, PythonScripts in a folder (needed for
acquisition), adds several new objects etc. After a while she has a mess
of different objects, where it is hard to find the one she wants to work
on. So she clicks on "Types" to sort the folder by meta_types, "applies
this sorting" and moves the three PythonScripts she is currently working
on to the top of the folder (no more scrolling every time to the buttom
of the folder etc.).

This feature is something like cleaning up your desktop automagically
(sort all my bills, my lectures, my proposals, ...) and put the
important documents afterwards onto the top.

I like the idea of "cleaning up", but I don't insist on the "Apply this
sorting" button. So let's drop it, because it seems to special for me in
the meanwhile...:)

Cheers, Maik