[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.7: OrderSupport for ObjectManager

Magnus Heino magnus.heino@home.se
Wed, 07 May 2003 07:45:36 +0200

> I must admit that as I think about it, the whole ordered folder notion
> (with or without this functionality) seems to be more about skinning the
> existing folder UI than it is about creating a new slightly-different
> metatype.

This is what I was trying to say in my post a few days ago.

I still dont think that OrderedObjectManager should be a
container/folder type.

It should be a metatype that you can add to any existing folder,
btreefolder, ldapfolder, sqlfolder, or whatever you may have. Configure
it from where to get ids (could be objectIds, a catalog query using
pathindex or just about anything), and provide a way to sort them.

/Magnus