[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.7: OrderSupport for ObjectManager

Wed, 7 May 2003 16:17:36 +0100

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 4:00 pm, Yuppie wrote:

> So a better assumption would be:
>
> We don't know what people did with _objects, so _objects might be
> important.
>
> Right?
>
> That means: All Zope2 Folders have to be converted to Zope3 Folders with
> OrderSupport (what ever OrderSupport would look like in Zope3).
>
> If that is the case, I can't see why the default Zope2 Folder can't have
> OrderSupport. Maybe you read the discussion I had with Shane about this
> issue
> <http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-coders/2002-December/002955.html>
> or ask him yourself.

I'm with Shane on this one. Anyone who is relying on orderedness of Zope2
folders needs to migrate those to OrderedFolder before jumping to Zope3.
Folders in Zope2 wont ever lose their internal order, or their _objects
attribute, but they shouldnt gain an API.

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson