[Zope-dev] Product refresh causes database connections leaking

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Thu, 08 May 2003 00:26:02 +0200

Shane Hathaway wrote:

> That's about right.  The refresh functionality uses features of ZODB and
> Python that haven't been perfected, and the result is occasional
> surprises.  My rule is that if there's no really obvious explanation
> (i.e. about 5 seconds) for a bug that appears after a refresh, I restart
> Zope.
>
> The most common refresh-related bug is "AttributeError: None has no
> attribute <foo>".  It happens because an old class instance or function
> is still alive.  If that happens often, fix up the refresh dependencies
> to ensure that derived products are always refreshed after a base product.

But in this case it's not a problem with the product. The DA is
_outside_ the folderish product, the ZSQL Methods are inside (in a stock
zope folder on their own). So everything related to the SQL stuff is
stock zope stuff.

Refreshing causes the number of connections from zope to the postgres to
grow (from 4 to 8 in the first time). That's why I suspected there's
something wrong either with the DA or with the refresh functionality
which has nothing to do with the ZODB.

cheers,
oliver