[Zope-dev] CVS Head Zope Win32 build, mkzopeinstance, no runzope.py generated

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk@yahoo.com
Mon, 12 May 2003 11:56:12 -0400

Thank you to the developers who've taken such strides to enable win32
builds from source, this is something I've wanted to do for a long time.

I think I'm only one step away from getting it to run, the final
mkzopeinstance step doesn't seem to write the runzope.py on my
configuration.

Particulars:
Python 2.2, win32all installed in "C:\Program Files\Python\"   Built with:
c:\archives\cvs\zope>python inst\configure.py --prefix=\progra~1\zope
nmake build, nmake install worked fine, but for one warning at the end:

(...)
creating C:\progra~1\zope\skel\var
copying skel\var\README.txt->C:\progra~1\zope\lib\python\..\..\skel\var
warning: ZopeInstall: modules installed to 'C:\progra~1\zope\lib\python\',
which is not in Python's module search path (sys.path) -- you'll have to
change the search path yourself

Zope binaries installed successfully.
Now run '"C:\Program Files\Python\python.exe"
  C:\progra~1\zope\bin\mkzopeinstance'

C:\Program Files\zope\bin>"C:\Program Files\Python\python.exe"
  C:\progra~1\zope\bin\mkzopeinstance --user Admin:mypass
  C:\progra~1\zope

Dir of files now in C:\Program Files\zope\bin
  mkzeoinstance    mkzopeinstance
  runzope          runzope.bat
  zconfig          zopectl

Contents of runzope.bat:
set PYTHON=C:\Program Files\Python\python.exe
set ZOPE_HOME=C:\progra~1\zope
set INSTANCE_HOME=C:\progra~1\zope
set CONFIG_FILE=%INSTANCE_HOME%\etc\zope.conf
set PYTHONPATH=%ZOPE_HOME%\lib\python
"%PYTHON%" "%ZOPE_HOME%\bin\runzope.py"
   -C "%CONFIG_FILE%" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7

Since runzope.py is never generated, is this the mkzopeinstance
silently telling me that I need c:\progra~1\zope\lib\python added to the
python 2.2 path? How do I configure that? I've only ever used
sys.path.append().

Thanks for any insight you can provide. I'm really looking forward to
getting this and mkzeoinstance going.