[Zope-dev] Quickie?

Gerald Anderson gander@mail.cox.smu.edu
Tue, 13 May 2003 14:29:43 -0500

Hey all,

   I'm working on developing a Product and have run into a small, but
annoying nag.  I'm using the mx.DateTime object to get a little more
functionality for my timekeeping.  Everything seems to work fine until I
try to go to the security management tab for the objects in question
(ZM).  I get the following:

User Name (User Id)  	 gander (gander)
Request URL 	http://localhost:8080/G/One/manage_access
Exception Type 	AttributeError
Exception Value 	'mx.DateTime' module has no attribute '__bases__'

Traceback (innermost last):

     * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
     * Module AccessControl.Role, line 188, in manage_access
     * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 252, in __call__
     * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 283, in _bindAndExec
     * Module App.special_dtml, line 174, in _exec
     * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_With, line 76, in render
     * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_In, line 625, in renderwob
     * Module AccessControl.Role, line 100, in permission_settings
     * Module AccessControl.Role, line 79, in ac_inherited_permissions
     * Module AccessControl.Role, line 563, in gather_permissions
     * Module AccessControl.Role, line 563, in gather_permissions
     * Module AccessControl.Role, line 556, in gather_permissions

AttributeError: 'mx.DateTime' module has no attribute '__bases__'

I've done a little homework and think I'm more confused when I started.
  It seems that __bases__ is supposed to contain a tuple with the
classes base classes?  It also looks as though this is supposed to be a
Python attribute, but I can't seem to verify that.  Why is it that Zope
would require this, or a very popular library not contain it?  Is it
some new or deprecated issue?

Could anybody tell me where to start looking for some answers on this?
Am I going to have to drop the mx.DateTime?  Is there some simple and
silly solution?  Any help would be most appreciated.  Just for
informational purposes, I'm a neophyte zope and python developer, but an
otherwise experienced professional.

Thanks in advance,

Gerald

--
Gerald D. Anderson
Sr. Web Geek                                    gander@mail.cox.smu.edu

  “I suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an
up or down... Regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives,
those who would sacrifice freedom for security have embarked on the
downward path.”—Ronald Reagan